Move and Dance – Dance,an opportunity of Intercultural Dialogue for Youth
The SMART 4 YOU Association was involved as a partner in the “Move and Dance” project – 2016-2-FR02-KA105-011768 (ERASMUS + Youth Mobility), whose partnership leader was Tambour Battant Association, from France.
Between 20 and 26 February 2017, 35 young people from Romania, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Italy, Macedonia and Portugal meet in La Vancelle, France, where they improved their individual skills through non-formal methods, bringing the center of attention the dance as a means of intercultural dialogue, stimulating the creativity and innovative spirit of young people.
Project objectives were:
- Acquiring and strengthening the knowledge of dancers
- Discovering the culture and traditions of the countries involved in the project by learning their traditional dances,
- Improving the sense of belonging to the European community,
- Improving participants’ abilities to speak in foreign languages,
- Developing interest in using informal methods to promote co-operation, artistic activities.
Promoting youth social integration. Project activities: Workshops using non-formal learning methods: reflection, teamwork, dance workshops, cultural visits, role plays, intercultural evenings, group cohesion activities to promote intercultural dialogue, excursions, encouraging a healthy life style.